What is Mastering ?
In simple terms audio mastering is the final step between your production's studio mixdown and mass production at a pressing plant. A good mastering engineer combines objectivity and precision with the creativity of an artist, helping you to unlock the full sonic potential of your music. He will tweak your productions with high-end sound-processing gear to give them that final finish you were looking for. Your tracks will gain punch, depth, volume and spectral balance, in other words, they will sound exactly the way it's meant to be. It's the audio step that comes just before manufacturing a CD. Some people would even say it's a crucial step.
Other Processes Of Mastering
• Optimizing average and peak volume levels for proper relative loudness
• Signal processing - compression & EQ
• Arranging tracks in final sequence
• Timing of the space between tracks
• Establish a sonic "field" for all tracks
• Place track markers at head of all tracks
• Remove unwanted noise like clicks, pops, hiss
• Clean-up start and ending of each track (including fades)
Do you offer multitrack / stem / separation mastering?
Definitely. Working with separations / stems is a premium addition to the range of traditional 2track audio mastering techniques. Separation Mastering increases the sonic possibilities to boost, grade up and enhance your mixes dramatically. As this type of processing is much more complex and time-consuming as well, the rates for separation mastering have to be fixed on a time basis. Get in touch with our office and we will calculate your project individually.